RootedCON 2015 - 'Call for Papers'
PLEASE, READ CAREFULLY ALL THE DETAILS IN THIS DOCUMENT.
-=] About RootedCON
RootedCON is a security congress that will take place between 5th and 7th March 2015 in Madrid (Spain).
With an estimated capacity between 1300 and 2000 people, is one of the largest specialized conferences ever undertaken in the country and one of the largest in Europe, with
profiles of attendees ranging from students, state forces, through market professionals in IT security or simply technology enthusiasts.
-=] Types of talks
Two type of talks will be accepted:
- Fast talks: 20 minutes.
- Standard talks: 50 minutes.
There will be a limited number of each of the types and may even adapt the
calendar for an interesting talk extends beyond 20 minutes or, for specific needs, reducing a 50 minutes one.
In this sixth edition, we are searching breaking talks, disruptive ones, international speakers, even talks with topics not directly related to security, but with technology, lifestyle, cultureâ€¦
-=] Proposal for workshops
In this edition we want to open a space in order to do dedicated workshops. Especially we are interested in:
- Hardware workshops: arduhacking, rasphacking, ...
- Electronic workshops: drivers, pics, â€¦
- 3D printer workshop.
- ORIGINAL workshops related to technology and creativity.
The approach involves workshops for compensation, unless the speaker requests it
otherwise. The renumbering would once covered the costs of the workshop, 50%/50%.
*For more details about workshops: email@example.com
-=] International speakers
We are very interested in international speakers, so please do not hesitate to enroll your talk.
It is important to indicate the needs you may have on traveling and accommodation, and mark the language you want to use in your talk.
[ES] - Spanish [EN] - English
Any relevant topic associated with the concept of TECHNOLOGY, for example, and not being these the only topics that interest us:
- Hacking, cracking, phreaking, virii, WiFi, VoIP, GSM...
- Critical Infrastructure Security, SCADA environments...
- Hardware Hacking, Jtag, SWJ, Dap, ...
- Console and gaming hacking.
- Mobile terminals: android, iOS, Windows mobile, Firefox OSâ€¦
- Technology Workshops
- Reverse engineering, debugging, hooking, fuzzing, exploiting,...
- Innovative tools and techniques both for defense and attack.
- APT, botnets and malware.
- (In)security cloud, virtual environments,...
- Cryptographical techniques, steganography, covert channels,...
- Forensics and antiforensics.
- Networking, level2 and level3,...
- Very original talks like the kind of audience we have...
- Philosophy and ethics, future, innovationâ€¦
- VERY ORIGINAL TALKS, such as stand-up comedy, entertainmentsâ€¦
In the last edition, there were popular talks related to "Hardware Hacking", robots behavior modification, specialized hardware, or even devices creation. Related Keywords: Drones, Arduino, *copters, Roomba, alarms, Jtag, cameras ...
For this edition, we are especially interested in 0days vulnerabilities and all kinds of security problems in whatever critical infrastructures or platforms.
-=] Papers submission procedure
We only accept talks submissions through the online form which has been prepared for this purpose:
Any other submission method will not be considered as "official" and will not be evaluated by the selection team.
-=] Schedule and milestones
10th Oct 2014 - Launch of Call for papers
8th Dic 2014 - Call For Papers closing
Dic 2014 - Get in touch and interviews with the speakers for final confirmation.
Jan 2013 - Publication of speakers schedule.
*4th Feb 2015 - Speakers materials submission to Rooted*
4th Mar 2015 - Speakers dinner
7th - 9th Mar 2015 - /RootedCON2015
** Unjustified delays in delivery of materials can impact coverage
travel expenses and accommodation, as well as other benefits that may be acquired as a speaker.
-=] Benefits and privileges as speaker
Each speaker will receive the following benefits and privileges:
- A dinner with the rest of the speakers, RootedLabs teachers and RootedCON crew.
- Accommodation (costs assumed by the organization)
- Travel (costs assumed by the organization)
- Full access to the whole congress
- Some free drinks at the party
- Management of potential job opportunities.
- A surprise in gratitude for participation.
*** Enter in the competition for best talk, getting a prize of 1,000 euros
in case of winning.
*** If your talk you show a 0day or a particularly innovative technique will reward you with
an amount between 100 and 1,000 euros (depending on the assessment of the submitted). The assessment of 0day
will be conducted by an external evaluator committee, with the participation of some members of the Organization and people outside it.
This committee will evaluate if 0day is real, is worthy of an award, and the amount.
-=] Duties and responsibilities of speakers
All speakers selected to present their talks at RootedCON 2015 will must:
a) Confirm that the presented paper is TECHNICAL and accompanied by a PROOF OF CONCEPT (PoC).
b) Send the material of the talk PRIOR to the dates of the Congress. Within the
submission of material is important to include details about the demos that will be performed.
c) Develop the slides according to the RootedCON 2015 official templates.
d) Explicitly accept that the materials presented, as well as video and audio recordings
made shall be published in either mechanisms RootedCON content management or
other media in the future. RootedCON *won't censor* any of the materials, recordings,
media publication or whatever mechanisms by which are made accessible to the public and the congress attendees.
-=] Sponsors and Partners
RootedCON is always looking for quality sponsors and partners. If you have a proposal or
you think your company may be interested, please contact us at:
IMPORTANT: Due to the highly technical subject of the congress, and the preferences shown by attendees
in multiple surveys, we encourage potential sponsors who intend to have a slot as speaker attempting to adapt as far as possible to the tastes of most
RootedCON asset you have: its audience.
Any help, comments, ideas, suggestions or collaborations that we should do get will be considered and
valued with all its importance: it is very important for the Congress to receive such proposals, and
they depend on you to organize the best event possible.
-=] Critical points to consider
1. Time management and the duration of the talks are one of the
critical points in the Congress. Rather, they should ask for a longer talk
than trying to rush twenty minutes, without allowing time for audience questions.
2. It will be appreciated EXCLUSIVE talks, which
not previously published in any other forum, blog, website, event or conference.
3. We believe in the responsible Full-disclosure so, if the idea is to present a
Zero-Day, we want confirmation from that has contacted the manufacturer / victim, if this
contact has not been made, we offer to manage the contact.
4. A cause for termination of the relationship between the Speaker and RootedCON is to not deliver
of (every) material on the date indicated.
5. PLEASE, it's very important to * CLEARLY * indicate if accommodation and
travel is needed or not when you submit your proposal, Rooted
reserves the right not to meet such needs if it is not initially requested.
-=] How to contact:
-=] Our links
- Web: http://www.rootedcon.com/en/
- Twitter: @rootedcon #rooted y #rooted2015
- Facebook: http://bit.ly/fbookrooted
- LinkedIn: http://bit.ly/linkedinrooted
- Rooted mailing-list (spanish): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vimeo: http://www.vimeo.com/rootedcon
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/rootedconmadrid
- Slideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/rootedcon
- RootedIRC Network: /connect -ssl irc.rootedcon.es 9999 #rootedcon
Let everyone know about events, concerts, festivals, clubs, house party, gatherings, garage sale, car wash, contests, protests, etc.
Any event in the world welcome! Hype it phriend!
Any event in the world welcome! Hype it phriend!
1 post • Page 1 of 1