Forum rules
Stevyn
SysOp
Walmart Accused Of Secretly Videotaping Public Restroom

Post by Stevyn » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:04 pm

source :

http://consumerist.com/2009/12/walmart- ... troom.html

By Chris Walters on December 22, 2009 7:13 PM

Seven current and former employees of a Pennsylvania Walmart Tire and Lube Center have filed suit against the company, reports the Morning Call. The employees say they discovered that they and the general public were being monitored via video camera in a public bathroom.

On March 31, 2008, several employees discovered that Wal-Mart had been conducting video and audio surveillance of the bathroom, which was unisex, using a concealed "off-the-shelf" camera.

The camera was placed by Wal-Mart Loss Prevention, which seeks to stanch shoplifting, and was there without notice.

When confronted, a store manager denied there was a video camera in the bathroom, but he later admitted to it after being shown a photograph.
”

Alexander Mundy

Re: Walmart Accused Of Secretly Videotaping Public Restroom

Post by Alexander Mundy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:24 am

I don't doubt it.

Loss prevention at Wal Mart acts, and is treated, as if it is beyond reproach.

I have seen them physically brutalizing a kid whom they left Wal Mart property to apprehend. That's a Bozo No-No!

They can't pursuit you after you leave Wal Mart property.

They call each other by 1st names and, if you know their 1st names you can get them to believe quite a bit:

"Well Mark said... blah-blah-blah-blah. If you don't believe me, just ask Jerry."

Look up the regulations re: Private Security Officers (PSOs) in your area.

In THIS area, they are REQUIRED to wear a uniform or professional attire (shirt w/ collar and non-denim long pants) AND, display or present, on demand, their current PSO License/ Badge.

If a report of improper conduct is made against them, or against a person acting as a PSO in a particular location, it will be investigated and;

If are found to have violated any of the policies pertaining to operation of PSOs, their licensure can be revoked or suspended.

Worst case scenario, you know the rules when they begin to fuck w/ you and you can use any violation OF the rules as grounds for dismissal on arraignment.

You NEED to know the rules because once they decide you are someone they want to fuck with, they are VERY likely to arrest and prosecute you (whether you really violated any laws or not).

P.S: I put the Loss in Loss Prevention.

I kind of like Wal Mart but I keep them at arms length. You have to let them know who's Boss.

THE CUSTOMER, JOE DOUGH w/ the $14k Discover Card!