phpbb social network tips

Let us talk about scripts, HTML, Perl, PHP, apache, etc.
Stevyn
SysOp
phpbb social network tips

Post by Stevyn » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:16 am

for http://phpbbsocialnetwork.com/

if you use the phpbb social network on your phpbb forum that has a dark theme, the IM or chat box text may be white on white. I did not have luck changing the CSS but I did fix with this:

edit the file:

styles/YOURTEMPLATE/template/socialnet/im.html

find

Code: Select all

<div class="sn-im-msgText">{sn_im_chatbox.message.MESSAGE}</div>
change to

<div class="sn-im-msgText" style="color: #000000;">{sn_im_chatbox.message.MESSAGE}</div>

find:

<textarea name="msg" class="sn-im-message {uid:{sn_im_chatbox.USER_ID}}" title="{SN_IM_PRESS_TO_SEND}" cols="1" rows="1"></textarea>
change to:

<textarea name="msg" class="sn-im-message {uid:{sn_im_chatbox.USER_ID}}" title="{SN_IM_PRESS_TO_SEND}" cols="1" rows="1" style="color: #000000;"></textarea>
basically we are just adding the CSS direct in the IM.HTML template, its not the best way but it does seem to work

to see the list of members available for chat:

edit file:
im_onlinelist.html

find:

<div class="sn-im-canchat sn-im-userLine {user:{sn_im_online_ufg.user.USER_ID},username:'{sn_im_online_ufg.user.USERCLEAN}'}"
 style="background-image: url('{sn_im_online_ufg.user.ONLINE}');">
change to:

<div class="sn-im-canchat sn-im-userLine {user:{sn_im_online_ufg.user.USER_ID},username:'{sn_im_online_ufg.user.USERCLEAN}'}"
 style="color: #000000;  background-image: url('{sn_im_online_ufg.user.ONLINE}');">
to make everything refresh to show these changes you may need to clear the phpbb cache .......... ADMIN -> STYLES -> TEMPLATES -> do refresh for the proper template you are using
Contact me directly: Ironfeatherbooks (@) gmail.com