Guide to Buying and Selling at Auction In Person and Online

Post your stuff for sale here and not on the other forums.
Stevyn
SysOp
Guide to Buying and Selling at Auction In Person and Online

Post by Stevyn » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:51 am

Adventures at the Auction: The Ultimate Guide to Buying and Selling at Auction -- In Person and Online (Hardcover)

by Leslie Hindman

$4.75

# Hardcover: 256 pages
# Publisher: Clarkson Potter
# Language: English
# ISBN-10: 0609607111
# Product Dimensions: 9.4 x 7.5 x 1 inches
# Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds
auction_.jpg
auction_.jpg (26.74KiB)Viewed 2522 times
While I watch little television I do admit I like "At The Auction" on HGTV (House and Garden T V) with the author of this book Leslie Hindman.. The book is just shy 250 pages and has Chapters about:

Starting Out: Types of auctions the top 10 auction bargains common myths and misperceptions Five auction blunders and how to avoid them and the 10 criteria for determining value of an item. i.e. "I can't afford auctions", "You have to be a real expert to buy" " I can always change my mind if I find something wrong with the item".

Getting Ready: Why people buy at an auction The presale exhibition "As Is" and what this really means and Scoping out the Exhibition

Buying at the Auction: Setting the scene and Bidding. Am I the only one who couldn't afford to bid on even lint at Jackie O's auction?

Selling at the Auction: Where does the stuff come from and Choosing an auction house.

Collecting: which deals with an introduction to collecting everything from Books Ceramics, Dolls, Fine Arts, Furniture, Glass (American cut, Carnival, Crackle, Depression, Mercury, Milk Ruby etc) And no milk glass is not the same as milk in a glass.

Jewelry (no my cubic ziconia thingie wasn't listed) , Metalwork, Quilts (ours get used so they will never be collectors items), Oriental rugs, Silver, Timepieces (nope my trusty TIMEX wasn't listed) etc.

Then the Glossary of terms and even Internet auction information and abbreviations and then a listing of U S auction houses. WOW did you know that Hyden Idaho has an auction house?
Contact me directly: Ironfeatherbooks (@) gmail.com