Tropic Of Capricorn by Henry Miller

Post your stuff for sale here and not on the other forums.
Stevyn
SysOp
Tropic Of Capricorn by Henry Miller

Post by Stevyn » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:26 am

Tropic Of Capricorn [Import] (Paperback)
by Miller, Henry (Author)

$4.10
available by person in Nederland Colorado or via mail

# Paperback: 336 pages
# Publisher: Grafton
# ISBN-10: 0586020004
# Product Dimensions: 6.8 x 4.3 x 1.1 inches
# Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces

(review from amazon)
Tropic of Capricorn is the gretest book I have ever read. I read Tropic of Cancer first, and was interested and intrigued by it, but not until I read Capricorn would I truly call Miller one of the greatest American writers. Also banned from the U.S for 30 years, Capricorn goes beyong the sexuality and bitterness of one who has "given up" and lived for themselves as Cancer outlines autobiographically of Millers days in Paris. In Capricorn Miller looks to the roots of his childhood and life in New York and examines what made him the man he is and brought on his great change to "a new way of life". It has elements similar to Sherwood Anderson's Winesburg Ohio, which may be its greatest moments, as it tells small "grotesque" character studies of the people that shaped his life. Miller combines ideas of Eastern mysticism with the chaos of an ever industrializing world. Capricorn goes beyond linear writing to pursue a dreamlike atmosphere: one of admitted Surrealist and Dadsist influence, whose influence in turn can be seen in the later beat writing of Kerouac and Burroughs among others.
tocapnn.jpg
tocapnn.jpg (4.41KiB)Viewed 2914 times
Contact me directly: Ironfeatherbooks (@) gmail.com