The Findhorn Garden: Pioneering a New Vision

Post your stuff for sale here and not on the other forums.
Stevyn
SysOp
The Findhorn Garden: Pioneering a New Vision

Post by Stevyn » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:32 am

The Findhorn Garden: Pioneering a New Vision of Man and Nature in Cooperation (Paperback)
~ The Findhorn Community (Author), William Irwin Thompson (Foreword)

$9

# Paperback: 192 pages
# Publisher: Perennial
# Language: English
# ISBN-10: 0060905204
# Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 7.9 x 0.6 inches
# Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces
findhorn_.jpg
findhorn_.jpg (39.46KiB)Viewed 2860 times
This is a book of conversations and pictures with each of the founders of the Findhorn garden and community. The most remarkable thing about Findhorn is that it is a flourishing garden with plants from every climate (even tropical), growing many times normal size, in sand in Scotland, of all places! Throughout the years horticulturists have tested the soil and declared the results incomprehensible, even impossible. Findhorn also does not use pesticide, but instead talks to the insects and makes agreements about what the insects eat and what they don't (after all, we wouldn't have anything without them and they should get their share of Earth's bounty!). The candid thoughts in the book, simply expressed, gave me the shivers, they felt so true. I can only read it in spurts because after only a page or 2, there is so much to digest and think about. The pictures are only in black & white, but I find myself constantly looking at them in awe of the Joy and Life coming through in the people and the plants. This would be a great book for environmental scientists to read, as we move into a unique time where serious decisions will have to be made about natural resources and how to use our waste. The Findhorn community presents an idea that things would be so much easier for us if we allowed the veil to come down that exists between man, beast, and the spirit world. According to them, the Universe is full of helpful entities who genuinely WANT life to continue and for us to create heaven on Earth.
Contact me directly: Ironfeatherbooks (@) gmail.com